Thursday, August 26, 2004

About My Trip To Chicago

I spent most of last week at the CMP XChange Conference in Chicago. CMP is a media company that publishes several magazines targeted towards IT solution providers. They get all the major manufacturers and distributors to sponsor the event. Then they invite companies similar to ours to attend and they even pick up the tab. This is the second XChange I have been to and generally I find them to be fun and useful.

One of the best things about the event for me is meeting with other solution providers similar to ourselves. Attendees vary from one man operations to $100 million companies. However, the largest population is companies around our size. It's interesting to talk with owners of similar businesses and find that they have similar issues that we deal we on a day to day basis. (Surprise!) It's also interesting to see that we generally all see the same trends happening in the industry and are looking at ways to help us guide our Clients through these trends over the next few years. I'll have more about that later.

It was also good to meet with the major vendors as well as some newcomers. There are some pretty cool products just becoming available. Many of these may be of interest to our Clients. More about that later.

I had a great time and hope to be invited again. More about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment