Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Love RSS!!

Do you have certain Websites or Blogs that you visit regularly to see if any new items have been posted? Wouldn't it be nice if the Website or Blog notified you when something new has been posted? Well that's exactly what RSS is designed to do.

RSS means Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication depending on which article you are reading. What RSS does is allow Websites and Blogs to syndicate their content. Then by using one of many RSS Readers a user can subscribe to syndicated Websites and/or Blogs and be alerted when the subscribed content has changed. This is really useful!

There are many RSS readers. I am using FeedDemon at home. It is a stand alone RSS Reader that is very easy to use. At the office I use Newsgator which is an Outlook add in. Newsgator adds another set of folders to Outlook that accept messages from my subscribed sites and lets me view the content changes.

Many Websites and Blogs have syndicated their content. All 3 of my Blogs are syndicated and our new SSGI Website will be syndicated when we go live with it in a couple of months. You can find a list of RSS Readers by clicking here. For more information on RSS click here.

You can check my SSGI Blog, SSGI HIPAA Blog, and Ed's World Blog by clicking on any one of them. Each of the Blogs is syndicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment