Thursday, August 25, 2005

Has It Been 10 Years

On this day 10 years ago, Microsoft released Windows 95. It was quite an event. People stayed up all night camping at computer stores to buy the new Operating System. Similar to Harry Potter books today I guess. I remember being impressed with Windows 95 but I also remember it was very buggy. Since that time, there has been Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP and BOB (Don't Ask!). Many of those operating systems had update releases like Windows 98 Second Edition (SE). Of course time and gas prices move on. We are now waiting for Windows Vista, which is scheduled to ship next year. I don't foresee any lines at Staples. However, the line is all ready forming on the Internet! Microsoft says this will be the most reliable and most secure Operating System yet. Funny, I thought that's what they said about Windows 95!

No comments:

Post a Comment