Friday, February 11, 2005

I Love Panera Bread!

I am posting to this Blog from a table at Panera Bread in Bristol! They have free wireless Internet access. From my wireless connection here I was able to connect to my desktop at the office, connect via VPN to one of our Clients, logon to their server and resolve a printer problem. All this while eating Broccoli Cheddar soup and some kind of Turkey sandwich! And now I'm posting to this Blog.

Wireless is really becoming useful in many areas. This connection is pretty good, although it slows down every now and then. The "free" part is the best. Starbucks and even McDonald's has wireless but it can be pricey. The connection took me all of about 1 minute to complete, no big sign up forms or advertisements.

Did I mention the food is very good as well? I know where I'll be the next time I'm near a Panera Bread for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment