Thursday, February 03, 2005

SBC To Buy AT&T, Eliminate 13,000 Jobs

SBC is in the process of buying AT&T for about $16 Billion. Yes, the company that is losing money, laying off 7000 people, and losing lines on a monthly basis is at it again! Second announcement "We expect to eliminate approximately 13,000 positions". These guys are wizards!

I must have missed the part about how this will be a good deal for customers or stockholders. I wonder what the CEO's will make? For AT&T customers this might be good. AT&T has totally lost its way in the last few years. Today, I read an ad telling me I should use AT&T network services because they are the best in the world. Huh?

For SBC customers, well can it get much worse really? For stockholders, you might look at how the stocks of the last several mega-mergers have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment