Thursday, June 15, 2006

Vista Beta 2 Woes

I've been using Windows Vista Beta 2 for a couple of days now. Overall I like what I see so far. Things are moved around a bit so it can be frustrating to try to do something that was a simple click or two before. That will pass as I become more familiar with the new Interface. Glass (the new Graphical User Interface) is very cool. Does it make me more productive? I doubt it.

It's not all roses though. I have had several hangs, I can't print properly to my computer and I'm generating a huge amount of traffic on my VPN. This can be very frustrating, and time consuming. However, this is part of what you bargain for when you beta test software.

I might mention that I am also beta testing Office 2007. When I was running Office 2007 in Windows XP, I saw very few if any issues. Now that I am running it in Windows Vista several problems have came up. Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment